Cyber risks: Pacifica launches the “Cyber Protection” plan for the self-employed and businesses
Pacifica, Crédit Agricole Assurances’ P&C insurance subsidiary, is pleased to announce the launch of its Cyber Protection plan. This new plan, developed in conjunction with Hiscox, is a cyber security solution for farmers and the self-employed in response to the introduction of more stringent data protection rules with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
In 2018, more than 80% of businesses reported having been the target of a cyber-attack of some form or other (personal data breaches, ransomware, etc.,) but only 5% said that they had insurance to cover such a risk.
Cyber Protection is a comprehensive plan that provides a unique solution to cover major risks through:
- a network of recognised experts (IT specialists, specialised lawyers, e-reputation experts, etc.) who provide a tailored service at any time of the day or night, seven days a week, with no excess;
- cyber extortion coverage;
- coverage of damage caused to third parties (personal data breaches, spread of a virus or denial-of-service attack, etc.);
- coverage of damage to the business itself (coverage of the cost of recovering and/or rebuilding confidential data, telecommunications bills if a cyber-attack has involved the fraudulent use of the telephone system, etc.);
- coverage of lost revenue caused by a cyber-attack or by an anomaly at an IT service provider, with the “business interruption” option;
- five coverage thresholds depending on the customer’s revenues;
- prevention tools with a description of best practices and a “digital security awareness” kit.
Pacifica has teamed up with leading cyber risk management specialist Hiscox to provide farmers and the self-employed with first-rate assistance in the event of a cyber-attack.
The Cyber Protection plan is distributed by the Crédit Agricole regional banks.