Spirica, first insurer to launch a range of private equity products
Spirica, a pioneering insurer on the private equity market, is announcing the launch of a new range of products for its distributor partners.
Four products (three FCPR venture capital funds* and one “other AIF” fund**) are now available with the company's life insurance policies:
- FCPR Amundi Megatendances AV (Amundi) takes part in growth capital and buyout capital operations in French or European SMEs and mid-market firms, investing in five core global trends: technologies, environment, demographics, societal development and globalisation;
- FCPR Entrepreneur et Rendement no.3 (Entrepreneur Venture) invests in debt issued by SMEs;
- NextStage Croissance (NextStage AM) accompanies innovative, growth mid-market firms positioned around four main underlying economic trends: the economy of the value of emotions and customer knowledge, the on-demand and sharing economy, the industrial internet, and the positive or green growth economy;
- FCPR Isatis Capital Vie & Retraite*** (Isatis Capital) funds growth SMEs in four main sectors: digital, medtech and nutrition, business services and high value-added industries.
Available from €1000, investments in these products are limited to 10% of payments into policies or their outstanding amounts for arbitrage, in accordance with the French insurance code (Code des assurances).
According to Daniel Collignon, Spirica’s CEO:
“Private equity has been the best-performing asset class for the past 20 years and is a real source of diversification for investors looking for performance. Incorporating ‘unlisted’ investments into a life insurance package offers real benefits for policyholders and makes it possible to give their savings a sense of direction and meaning again by supporting the real economy through very small businesses, SMEs and mid-market firms, while benefiting from the expertise of investment management companies”.
* Fonds commun de placement à risques (venture capital mutual fund)
** Alternative investment fund (AIF)
*** Product available from November