Harvest Insurance and Pasture Insurance: Pacifica goes further than the comprehensive policy
Crédit Agricole is once again setting out its commitment to meeting the main challenges facing farmers
Pacifica, Crédit Agricole Assurances’ non-life insurance subsidiary, has renewed its Harvest Insurance offer, including the comprehensive policy, and is offering Pasture Insurance cover alongside this. The combination of these two solutions will provide stronger protection against weather-related risks and loss of income for farmers.
Faced with increasingly frequent weather events, and a reduction in direct State intervention, farmers do not have enough cover. In this context, Pacifica is offering a solution that will enable the majority of farmers to insure their crops and pasture.
With its Harvest Insurance policy, farmers can choose levels of cover tailored to their needs:
- An attractively-priced comprehensive “hard times” package, based on the deductible for farm operations,
- A bespoke package that can be customised, based on the deductible for the type of crop,
- New options: “yield buyback” and “price selection”.
To insure pasture, Pacifica is able to offer its Pasture Insurance policy: with its innovative satellite imaging-based approach, this is the first insurance policy in France enabling farmers to receive compensation for their fodder losses, with payouts to buy in feed.
The two offers are also eligible for a subsidy, representing up to 65% of the premium.
The Harvest Insurance and Pasture Insurance products offer access to a range of benefits:
- Discounts of up to 50% on premiums for young farmers setting up in business
- Option to use the contingencies tax deduction (déduction fiscale pour aléas, DPA) to pay the policy’s premium and cover the deductibles on claims
- Dedicated weather risk team for managing policies and claims, six days a week.
For the 2016 campaign, Pacifica is offering an advance on the projected subsidy from the policy premium payment date until the subsidy is paid by the French State in spring next year.
Crédit Agricole, present alongside farmers through its network of 1,800 specialist advisors in the Regional Banks, is further strengthening its solutions supporting the sustainability of farms with this offer.