La Médicale repositions its accident and disability insurance offering
La Médicale, Crédit Agricole Assurances Group’s insurance company specialised in serving healthcare professionals, is repositioning its accident and disability offering, introducing La Médicale Assistance Accidents, which protects healthcare professionals and their families against bodily injuries incurred in private life and, by extension, in their professional life as well.
Because accidents in private life occur frequently -- striking 11 million victims in France every year -- and their consequences, especially financial consequences, can be extremely serious, La Médicale Assistance Accidents offers a policy unlike any other on the market, with three innovative packages of insurance cover:
- Three packages to span the needs of every policyholder: single adult cover, family cover and children cover.
- A very low threshold for benefit entitlement, starting at five per cent permanent disability (or death), or one per cent for children.
- Extension of cover to "professional life" for full protection on and off the job.
- Schooling and disability cover starting at one per cent impairment to provide the best possible insurance protection for children.
- Full assistance services and aid for hospitalisation, even in the absence of permanent disability.
- A winter sports add-on to cover replacement of broken skis and costs of having to break off a skiing holiday (reimbursement for skiing lessons, ski rentals, lift fees, search and rescue costs and repatriation).
- No medical underwriting.
- Age limit of 75 years for policy benefits.
This new offering rounds out La Médicale's range of insurance products in personal protection and investment policies, and it confirms our desire to serve healthcare professionals and their family members at work as well as in their personal lives.