Crédit Agricole Assurances, the first bancassurer to sign the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI)
Crédit Agricole Assurances is continuing with its commitment to social and environmental responsibility and has become the first bancassurer to sign the Principles for Responsible Investment (PRI) launched in 2005 under the aegis of the United Nations.
PRI signatories are committed to taking a truly progress-led approach to taking extra-financial criteria into account in their investment analysis and decision-making processes. By signing these principles, Crédit Agricole Assurances has made a commitment as an investor to observe several ethics:
- to integrate environmental, social and governance (ESG) factors into its investment policy;
- to be an active investor and integrate ESG factors into its shareholder relations;
- to promote and disseminate these principles among the investment industry;
- to exchange ideas with other signatories to increase the application of these principles and report on activities and progress made;
- to assess the effectiveness and improve the contents of the PRI over time.
With this commitment, Crédit Agricole Assurances is joining other Crédit Agricole Group entities that have already signed up to the PRI (Amundi, Chevreux, Crédit Agricole Private Equity), thereby confirming Crédit Agricole’s desire to bring its investment decisions into line with the challenges the Group faces.