Discover the history of groupe Crédit Agricole Assurances.
2016 - 2020 period
- Philippe Dumont becomes CAA's new Chief Executive Officer.
- Crédit Agricole Assurances and AXA Investment Managers - Real Assets announce the acquisition of European Locomotive Leasing (ELL).
- Inauguration of our 18th Claim Management Unit (UGS) in Saint-Etienne.
- 10th anniversary of our Call for Caregiver Projects.
- Launch of Csolidaire – our solidarity commitment programme created for CAA employees
- To help our customers and the French economy cope with the magnitude of the health crisis, Crédit Agricole Assurances engages in an unprecedented mutualist support measure worth €600 million.
- Introduction of a new weather alert service that sends text messages to customers to warn them about imminent weather risks.
- More than €500,000 collected in favour of local and regional associations battling to alleviate the impacts of COVID, as part of the “1 personal risk policy signed = €5 donated” operation.
- Signing of the Tobacco-Free Finance Pledge to confirm our withdrawal from the tobacco industry.
- Inauguration of our 19th Claim Management Unit (UGS) in Caen.
- UAF LIFE Patrimoine announces the launch of “Version Absolue Retraite”, its new Individual Pension Savings Plan (PERin), aimed at customers of its financial advisor (CGP) partners.
- Success of CAA’s new €1 billion subordinated note issue on the markets.
- We officially announce the birth of CA Zycie TU S.A., our new Polish subsidiary, created with a view to offering life insurance products which will be marketed directly through the CA Bank Polska network.
- Renewal of the Finansol Label for our “Contrat Solidaire” (Solidarity Policy). This life insurance policy enables policyholders to build up savings by supporting socially beneficial activities in the environmental, social housing, employment and international solidarity fields.
- La Médicale launches “La Médicale PERennité”, its Individual Pension Savings Plan (PERin) aimed at healthcare professionals, which is insured by Spirica.
- Launch of our Corporate General Insurance solution with the following offerings: Vehicle Fleet and “Mission Collaborateurs” (coverage of personal vehicles for professional use), Cyber Protection, Third-Party Liability Insurance for Corporate Officers (RCMS), “Sérénité Chantier” (general insurance for building works), “Protection BTP” (construction companies) and Transported Goods.
- Development of general insurance in Portugal with the signing of an agreement with Novo Banco that increases our stake in GNB Seguros to 100%.
- Crédit Agricole Assurances takes an equity stake in Europ Assistance France and becomes the 3rd largest assistance provider in France.
- Crédit Agricole Assurances steps up its scheme to support professionals hit hardest by the health crisis. This is in addition to the extra-contractual solidarity gesture amounting to nearly €240 million, adopted in April 2020 and benefiting all policyholders who have taken out comprehensive professional insurance with business interruption coverage.
- Crédit Agricole Assurances, Engie, Mirova finalise the acquisition of a hydroelectric power portfolio in Portugal from EDP.
- Abanca Seguros Generales obtains approval to operate as an insurer in Spain.
- For the 4th consecutive year, CAA tops the rankings of insurance groups in France. (L’Argus de l’assurance ranking of the “Top 20 insurance groups in France” by revenue).
- January: Crédit Agricole Assurances presents its 1st Code of Conduct
- January: Crédit Agricole Assurances' Collective Insurance BU launches its new “My Health” application, which offers employees a package of different health-related services: digital management of their policies, access to remote medical consultations, health coaching programs, access to news published in Santé Magazine, etc.
- January: Crédit Agricole Assurances launches its “Cyber Protection” offering for professionals and companies – an innovative global solution by Pacifica, featuring a prevention scheme and high-level assistance in the event of losses
- February: Crédit Agricole Life Insurance Japan adopts “Uni-Voice”– an innovative solution for its visually impaired customers
- March: Crédit Agricole Assurances sets itself the target of planting 1.5 million trees by 2022
- April: Crédit Agricole Assicurazioni launches “Vivi Smart”, a brand-new offering dedicated to new lifestyles and consumer behavior
- May: launch of the “Pleasure Boating Insurance” solution
- May: Pacifica announces the creation of a new Fire, Accident and Miscellaneous Risks claims management unit (UGS) in La Roche-sur-Yon, creating 100 jobs
- June: CAA and ABANCA create a joint venture in Fire, Accident and Miscellaneous Risks, operating in Spain and Portugal
- June: 9th edition of the Call for Caregiver Projects
- July: CA Assicurazioni, CAA's General Insurance subsidiary in Italy, enriches its Automobile, Home and Personal Accident offerings for customers of CA Italy’s branches.
- November: Launch of the Pension Savings Plan (PER): Individual and Collective Pension Savings Plans
- December: Spirica launches the most extensive range of SRI funds on the market
- 39 Regional Banks switch over to Creditor Protection Insurance through Crédit Agricole Assurances.
- Milestone of 500,000 people covered by Collective Insurance.
- June: La Médicale’s 70th anniversary.
- CA Assicurazioni launches "Protezione Guide", third-party automobile insurance quotes via WhatsApp or SMS.
- The Pacifica - Nexecur partnership enables the rollout of a global security strategy.
- March: La Médicale launches La Médicale Hospi, a personal risk policy aimed at hospital practitioners, and its new “Two-Wheeler” insurance.
- April: Predica launches its new life insurance range and Capital Décès (Death Capital), a new personal risk product for LCL.
- June: Viavita’s 10th anniversary.
- June: Crédit Agricole Life Japan’s 10th anniversary.
- October: Crédit Agricole Assurances finalises the acquisition of "Cœur Défense", the largest office real estate complex in Europe.
- November: CA Vita wins prizes at the "Future Bancassurance Awards 2017" in Milan for its two new investment solutions on the Italian market.
- November: CALI Poland’s 10th anniversary.
- December: The partnership between CAA and Engie acquires the solar power plants of the Compagnie du Vent and passes the milestone of 1 gigawatt of installed capacity.
- December: Crédit Agricole Assurances becomes France’s leading insurer.
- Spirica’s 10th anniversary.
- Crédit Agricole Assurances & CNP Assurances sign an agreement on the insourcing of the Regional Banks’ Creditor Protection Insurance (CPI) policies within the Crédit Agricole Group.
- January: Crédit Agricole Assurances launches its first Innovation Challenge.
- January: Predica and Pacifica launch a Business Creators/Buyers Package.
- January: CA Life Insurance Japan becomes the 1st insurance company in Japan to offer a 100% online subscription process for creditor protection insurance.
- April: Crédit Agricole Assurances and Amundi jointly propose a social protection and group retirement solution.
- June: Crédit Agricole Assurances becomes the creditor protection insurance provider for all Crédit Agricole Regional Banks.
- November: CALI Europe: the Crédit Agricole Group’s Luxembourg-based life insurance company passes the milestone of €10 billion in assets under management.
- Predica’s 30th anniversary.
- 1st January: creation of UAF Life Patrimoine in a merger involving UAF Patrimoine and LifeSide Patrimoine.
- February: Predica and Amundi combine their dedicated Regional Bank sales forces within a single team: Premundi.
- 1st September: Frédéric Thomas becomes Chief Executive Officer of Crédit Agricole Assurances and CEO of Predica.
- May: Pacifica launches “e-depann’” (“e-breakdown cover”) with Mondial Assistance and Assurance des Prairies in partnership with Airbus Defence and Space.
- May: Crédit Agricole Assurances and the Centre-Est Regional Bank announce the acquisition of the Grand Hôtel-Dieu de Lyon from Eiffage.
- July: Crédit Agricole Assurances becomes a partner of Village by CA.
- Pacifica’s 25th anniversary.
- 22 May: Crédit Agricole Assurances organises a colloquium entitled “Views of a caring France. Neither victims, nor heroes: what help is there for caregivers?” at Paris-Dauphine University.
- 1st April: La Médicale, formerly a subsidiary of Predica, becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Crédit Agricole Assurances.
- July: Spirica merges with Dolcea Vie and becomes BforBank’s insurer.
- October: Crédit Agricole Assurances successfully launches its inaugural issue of €750 million of perpetual subordinated bonds at a revisable fixed rate.
- October: Predica launches “Objectif programmé” – its first growth / “Euro-growth” product, and its first “Vie génération” life insurance policies.
- December: La Médicale opens an agency in Corsica.
- December: Crédit Agricole Assurances launches its general insurance activities in Poland.
- Rollout of the CACI individual creditor protection insurance solution in the first four Crédit Agricole Regional Banks.
- Creation of the CA Prevention Committee under the aegis of Pacifica.
- May: Predica launches Contrat Solidaire, the first socially responsible life insurance policy on the market.
- October: Predica launches Floripro, a life insurance policy dedicated to professionals.
- January: La Médicale opens a representative office on Reunion Island.
- March: Pacifica launches a claim management iPhone application.
- March: Crédit Agricole Assurances launches its first Call for Caregiver Projects.
- September: Crédit Agricole Creditor Insurance (CACI) creates its R&D centre in Dublin.
- 1st December: Jérôme Grivet becomes Chief Executive Officer of Crédit Agricole Assurances while remaining CEO of Predica.
- Thierry Langreney, formerly the Head of International Insurance at Crédit Agricole Assurances, becomes Chief Executive Officer of Pacifica.
- 1st December: Creation of CAAGIS: Crédit Agricole Insurance, Management, Information Technology and Services, arising from the merger of Attica – the Crédit Agricole Group’s Insurance management and IT production platform – and Predica’s IT Division.
- September: Crédit Agricole Assurances acquires Axeria Vie and its subsidiary April Patrimoine, which subsequently become Spirica and LifeSide Patrimoine
- December: Creation of ViaREN, a Pacifica subsidiary (In-Kind Compensation).
- Pacifica springs into action after the passage of storms Klaus and Quinten, opening nearly 60,000 claims totalling around €100 million. By late November, 94% of claims have been settled.
- Creation of the Crédit Agricole Assurances Group, bringing together Pacifica, Predica, CACI and the international subsidiaries.
- Launch of mortgage, personal and professional insurance solutions throughout the entire LCL network.
- Launch of Cap Découverte, a multi-product policy aimed at the general public and young customers, and Vers l’Avenir, a life insurance product designed especially for the under-18s.
- Launch of a unit-linked product completely linked to a bond issued by Crédit Agricole S.A. Creation of the end-of-career extension solution intended for companies.
- Marketing of Pacifica products through LCL branches. Signature of a partnership with GDF Suez including a home Service Access solution by Viavita.
- Signature of the Diversity Charter by Pacifica and Predica.
- Creation of Crédit Agricole Vita (life insurance) in Italy.
- Creation of Crédit Agricole Creditor Insurance (CACI), originating from the Crédit Agricole creditor protection insurance business line, and start of the marketing of the CACI product range through LCL.
- La Médicale de France becomes La Médicale – change of logo and brand strategy.
- Launch by Predica of the funeral coverage solution.
- AF IARD becomes a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pacifica. Pacifica is one of the first insurers to arrive in Martinique after the passage of Hurricane Dean.
- Creation of a general insurance company in Italy - Crédit Agricole Assicurazioni.
- Creation of Crédit Agricole Life Insurance Japan.
- Emporiki Insurance (general insurance) joins Emporiki Life to round out Emporiki Bank’s bank insurance offerings.
- Creation of a single creditor protection insurance management platform.
- Launch of Predica’s Guaranteed Income insurance (coverage of work stoppages for professionals).
- Launch of Pacifica’s Comprehensive Professional solution.
- Creation of Viavita (personal services), a wholly-owned subsidiary of Pacifica. 3 million Fire, Accident & Miscellaneous Risks claims, and 5 million policies in portfolio.
- Creation of the Crédit Agricole Insurance Unit including Pacifica and Predica. Following the acquisition of a 50% stake in the capital of the Espirito Santo group by Crédit Agricole S.A., integration of its Life and General bank insurance subsidiaries (Bes Vida and Bes Seguros).
- Integration of the Life and General insurance subsidiaries of the Espirito Santo bank.
- Successful migration by Predica of over 5 million policies to a single IT platform.
- Acquisition by Pacifica of 40% of the capital in Assurances Fédérales IARD, a company created in 1996 by the Crédit Lyonnais Group and AGF to manage automobile, home, personal accident cover and top-up health insurance products. Launch of Crop Insurance for farmers.
- Creation of Previseo Obsèques, a funeral support platform especially for Crédit Agricole and LCL customers.
- Merger with UAF and integration into Predica of La Médicale de France and UAF Patrimoine.
- 2 million claims managed by Pacifica.
- Record satisfaction rate for claim management: 98%
- Pacifica holds a 90% share of the Personal Accident Cover market.
- Extension of claim-processing time slots with 24-hour access for customers.
- Introduction of “new-for-old coverage”: 200,000 policies are taken out in the first year.
- Agreement with CNP on Death & Disability insurance.
- Milestone of 1 million policies for Pacifica. Marketing of Top-Up Health insurance.
- 160,000 claims managed since the creation of Pacifica.
- Accordance enables professional customers to benefit from the provisions of the Madelin Law.
- Florige – the first dedicated asset-management product.
- Creation of “Pleins Droits” legal protection.
- Enhancement of the Savings range with Predissime, Predime, Pierrissime and Confluence.
- Creation of the first Claim Management Unit in Rouen. The management of claims by telephone and bank insurance coverage with loans revolutionise the insurance sector.
- Introduction of the Death Insurance range: “Valeur Prévoyance”, and creation of the Corporate Pensions line.
- Crédit Agricole’s Fire, Accident & Miscellaneous Risks division becomes Pacifica. Start of marketing operations via the Puy de Dôme and Creuse Regional banks.
- Predica passes the milestone of 3 million policies managed.
- Creation of the Predicis capitalisation note: 14 Regional Banks embark on the adventure.
- Launch of Prediplus and Predige.
- Creation of Predica and the first Pension Savings Plan.
- Acquisition of La Médicale de France by the Crédit Lyonnais Group.
- La Fédérale de l’Est, specialising in sickness insurance, becomes La Fédérale de France and joins the Groupe Médicale de France.
- Creation of a life insurance subsidiary, La Médicale de France-Vie.
- Creation of La Médicale de France, an insurance company for the medical community.